- Produces creative, comprehensive layout and high-level design for deliverables requiring strong conceptualization of ideas in preparation of original art for print and electronic media.
- Continuously enhances design skills and knowledge of design, brand standards and production techniques.
- Offers conceptual design and production solutions to customers based on business needs.
- Manages design projects from concept through production and delivery, effectively prioritizes work, balances multiple priorities simultaneously, establishes timelines and estimates and identifies resources to meet customer commitments and deadlines.
- Serves as a Creative Services Group (CSG) project manager and works effectively in a team environment.
- Develops concepts, designs and innovative ideas for packaging design for print and electronic deliverables within the brand standards.
- Assists in establishing vendor lists, maintains effective vendor relationships and teams with vendors regarding the coordination of production and delivery for products and services to meet our customers business needs and deadlines.
- Ability to understand the strategic direction of the professional services industry to provide creative, professional and functional design deliverables aligned with business needs.
- Troubleshoots technical issues in graphic files for pre-press, printing, web and onscreen viewing, linking graphics, including fonts and creating color separations.
- Acts as a project manager; communicates and negotiates project deadlines, project scope, cost estimates and schedule changes as necessary,
- Demonstrates superior knowledge in construction of files utilizing master pages and style sheets to complete assignments.
- Strong knowledge of typography and appropriate use of brand colors, images and fonts, allowing for effective legibility and functionality.
- Maintains proficient skill set with graphics software (e.g., Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop).
- Maintains awareness of current techniques, equipment and advancements within the design community.
- Educates and consults with customers to select effective design and deliverable options within budget and time frame.
- Cross-trains in additional CSG functions to provide flexibility.
- Understands and strictly adheres to the quality standards and procedures, including CSG standards and guidelines.
- Utilizes the CSG.com database to make certain all time and materials are billed correctly, and project instructions and customer interactions are fully documented.
- Excels in developing team momentum through being a great team member and/or team leader, promoting and sharing leading practices with CSG staff.
- Evaluates conflicting requirements of multiple customers and accurately assesses project requirements, identifies issues, makes decisions and provides solutions. Identifies, resolves and overcomes obstacles/problems; breaks problems down into manageable parts, applying intermediate problem-solving techniques.
Knowledge and skills requirements:
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and teaming skills.
- Conceptual design skills.
- Technical understanding of digital media and print production, both in-house and with external vendors.
- Proficient with graphics software tools, including Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, Adobe Digital Publishing Suite Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly presentation experience in PowerPoint and layout experience in Word Adobe Edge, Muse, Flash, Microsoft SharePoint, rich media ad creation, CSS, HTML5, jQuery, Dreamweaver, Premiere Pro, and After Effects are a plus.
- Ability to quickly gain in-depth knowledge of firm brand/strategy; creating documents utilizing brand templates and standards, and raising awareness of the brand.
- Excellent work ethic and the ability to thrive in fast-paced, time-sensitive environment.